Tuesday, April 13, 2010

VIA announce three Em-ITX I/O modules


I think I once described the VIA Em-ITX form factor as PCB LEGO. You start with an Em-ITX board and then add an I/O expansion board that has what your application/device needs on it ... and not what it doesn't.
The Em-ITX form factor is 12x17cm. This makes it a bit smaller than the Mini-ITX. Each of the 17cm sides can contain I/O. That means that cables can come off two sides instead of crossing over each other in a case design, which helps to not only reduce cable clutter, but also helps to keep the system cool.

The only Em-ITX board available at the moment is the EITX-3000, which features a VIA Nano processor and the VX800 media system processor.

VIA has today announced three new I/O expansion modules:


  • VIA EMIO-3110: Digital Signage, POI and Gaming
  • VIA EMIO-3430: Vehicle, Fleet Management and Logistics
  • VIA EMIO-3210: Kiosk and Industrial Automation

I'll write one blog entry per day this week exploring these new modules.

No comments:

Post a Comment